- About the Certified medical assistant Association
- The CMA Association’s History
- The CMA Association’s Purpose
- The CMA Association’s Members
- The CMA Association’s Board of Directors
- The CMA Association’s Committees
- The CMA Association’s Services
- The CMA Association’s Publications
- The CMA Association’s Awards
- The CMA Association’s Partners
The Certified medical assistant Association (CMAA) is a professional organization that provides support and resources for Medical assistants The CMAA also offers certification for Medical Assistants who wish to demonstrate their professional competence.
Checkout this video:
About the Certified medical assistant Association
The Certified medical assistant Association (CMAA) is a non-profit organization that represents and supports medical assistants across the United States The CMAA advocates for medical assistants and provides resources and opportunities for professional development. The association also sets standards for medical assistant education and certification.
The CMA Association’s History
The Certified Medical Assistant Association (CMA Association) is a not-for-profit professional organization that was established in 1971. The CMA Association represents medical assistants and provides them with resources, education, and networking opportunities. The CMA Association also offers the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.
The CMA Association’s Purpose
The Certified Medical Assistant Association (CMA Association) is a membership organization that exists to provide support and resources for those who work or aspire to work as certified medical assistants. The CMA Association’s purpose is to promote excellence in the medical assisting profession by providing continuing education opportunities, advocating for the profession, and supporting medical assistants in their career development.
The CMA Association’s Members
The CMA Association’s members work in a variety of different medical settings, including doctors’ offices, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. The Association provides its members with resources and support to help them grow in their careers and provide the best possible care to their patients. In addition to its members, the Association also represents the interests of certified medical assistants (CMAs) on a national level.
The CMA Association’s Board of Directors
The Certified Medical Assistant Association’s Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of the organization. The Board is composed of medical assistants who have been certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
The CMA Association’s Committees
The CMA Association’s Committees comprise of a group of CMAs who have volunteered their time to help further the advancement of the profession. The Association has a number of standing committees that are always seeking new members. If you are interested in getting involved with any of the committees listed below, please contact the CMA Association office.
– Exam Review Committee: This committee is responsible for reviewing and updating the examination content outline on a regular basis. In addition, they also review and make recommendations on scored and non-scored test items for each examination form.
– Education Committee: This committee plans and implements educational programs for CMAs, such as webinars, workshops, and symposia. They also develop educational materials such as publications, handouts, and PowerPoint presentations. In addition, the Education Committee maintains the CMACertification Program Approved Providers Directory on the CMA website.
– Membership Committee: This committee works to increase membership in the CMA Association by implementing membership campaigns and recruitment efforts. They also develop strategies to retain current members and engage them in Association activities.
– Professional Development Committee: This committee develops offerings in various formats to address the professional development needs of CMAs at all stages of their careers. These offerings include but are not limited to conferences, online courses, webinars, and educational materials.
The CMA Association’s Services
The CMA Association offers medical assistants a number of services, including continuing education, certification, and professional development.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential exemplifies excellence in the medical assistant profession. The credential is granted by the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) to those who have met specific educational and experience requirements and have passed a comprehensive exam.
The CMA Association’s Publications
The CMA Association is the premier organization for medical assistants. They offer several publications that are available to members, which provide great resources for those in the medical field. These include:
-The Certified Medical Assistant Journal
-The Proceedings of the Annual Conference
-The Directory of Certified Medical Assistants
In addition to these publications, the CMA Association also offers a variety of other resources, such as access to job postings, discounted rates for continuing education courses, and networking opportunities.
The CMA Association’s Awards
The Certified Medical Assistant Association (CMA Association), formerly the American Association of Medical Assistants, is the only professional association for medical assistants in the United States. The CMA (AAMA) credential—the Certified Medical Assistant credential— signifies that an individual has been educated to perform administrative and clinical tasks in an outpatient setting under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed health care provider.
The CMA Association annually awards scholarships to students enrolled in CAAHEP or ABHES accredited medical assistant programs.
The CMA Association’s Partners
The CMA Association’s Partners are ARCpoint Labs, Quest Diagnostics, and National Healthcareer Association. These companies offer discounts on services and products to members of the association.