As a medical assistant you will be an important part of the healthcare team. You will perform many tasks, including taking medical histories, scheduling appointments, and assisting with examinations.
Checkout this video:
As a medical assistant you will be responsible for performing various administrative and clinical tasks to support the work of physicians and other healthcare professionals. Your duties will vary depending on the size and type of facility in which you work, but may include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, scheduling appointments, preparing patients for examination, assisting with procedures, handling laboratory specimens, and providing patient education.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent customer service skills, as you will be the first point of contact for patients. You should also be able to multitask and stay calm under pressure. If you are organized, detail-oriented, and have a strong interest in helping others, a career as a medical assistant may be right for you!
-The average salary for a medical assistant in Hickory, NC is $33,674 per year.
-The top five medical assistant jobs in Hickory, NC are:
1. Clinic Medical Assistant – make an average of $33,674 per year.
2. Family Practice Medical Assistant – make an average of $33,893 per year.
3. OB/GYN Medical Assistant – make an average of $35,564 per year.
4. Pediatrics Medical Assistant – make an average of $32,146 per year.
5. Urgent Care Medical Assistant – make an average of $31,711 per year.
Education and Training
Medical assistants are Allied Health Professionals who perform both clinical and administrative tasks in hospitals, clinics, and other medical facilities. They work under the supervision of licensed medical doctors and other health care practitioners.
Education and Training
Most Medical Assistants have completed a formal training program which typically lasts one year. Some programs may offer an associate degree, but most will confer a certificate upon completion. Many community colleges offer medical assistant programs, as do some private trade schools.
There are no specific educational requirements to become a medical assistant, but most employers prefer to hire candidates who have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Some employers may also require that candidates have completed a formal training program or have some previous experience working in a healthcare setting.
The number of medical assistant jobs is expected to grow by 29% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. The aging baby-boom population will continue to need diagnostic medical services, and as a result, demand for medical assistants will grow. The following are the top 5 medical assistant jobs in Hickory, NC:
-Job 1: Clinical Medical Assistant
-Job 2: Administrative Medical Assistant
-Job 3: Billing and Coding Specialist
-Job 4: medical records Technician
-Job 5: Healthcare Administrator
What to Expect
Medical assistants perform a variety of duties in doctors’ offices and other healthcare facilities. If you are thinking about becoming a medical assistant, you may be wondering what to expect in terms of job duties and responsibilities.
In general, medical assistants are responsible for providing support to physicians and other healthcare professionals. This support includes both administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments and maintaining Medical records and clinical tasks, such as assisting with examinations and laboratory procedures.
The specific duties of a medical assistant will vary depending on the type of healthcare facility in which they work. For example, medical assistants who work in hospitals may have more responsibility for patient care than those who work in private practices. However, there are some common duties that all medical assistants can expect to perform.
Common Medical Assistant Duties:
• Answering phones and scheduling appointments
• Taking and recording patient vital signs
• Preparing exam rooms and ensuring that patients have the necessary information and paperwork
• Assisting physicians with examinations, procedures, and treatments
• Drawing blood and performing lab tests
• Instructing patients on how to take medications and follow care instructions
Pros and Cons
Pros and cons of different medical assistant jobs in Hickory, NC:
1. Job type: Working in a clinic or hospital environment can be very demanding, both mentally and physically. If you are someone who enjoys a challenge and thrives under pressure, this may be the perfect job for you. However, if you prefer a slower-paced environment, you may want to consider another job type.
2. Salary: Medical assistants in Hickory, NC typically earn a competitive salary. If you are looking for a job that pays well and offers room for advancement, this is definitely an option to consider. However, keep in mind that medical assistant jobs can be demanding, so make sure you are prepared for the commitment before applying.
3. Hours: Clinic and hospital hours can be very long and irregular. If you are someone who needs a set schedule or prefers working 9-5, this may not be the best job for you. However, if you don’t mind working long hours and/or irregular shifts, this could be a great option.
4.Benefits: Most clinics and hospitals offer competitive benefits packages to their employees. If you are looking for a job that offers good benefits, this is definitely an option to consider. However, keep in mind that medical assistant jobs can be demanding, so make sure you are prepared for the commitment before applying.
5. Location: Hickory, NC is a great place to live and work! If you are looking for a job in a friendly and welcoming community, this is definitely an option to consider.
The Bottom Line
Salaries for medical assistants in Hickory, NC range from $28,460 to $39,540 per year, with the majority of workers earning around $33,540 per year. The best-paid 25 percent made $39,540 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $28,460.