- Rasmussen offers medical assistant courses
- What you need to know about medical assisting
- What Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses cover
- Why medical assisting is a great career
- What employers are looking for in a medical assistant
- How to get the most out of Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses
- What to do after completing medical assistant courses
- How to become a certified medical assistant
- What continuing education options are available for medical assistants
- Why Rasmussen is the best choice for medical assistant courses
Rasmussen College offers medical assistant courses to help you enter the healthcare field. Learn about our program and start your career today!
Checkout this video:
Rasmussen offers medical assistant courses
Rasmussen College offers medical assistant courses that can help students prepare for a career in this rapidly growing field. Medical assistants perform a variety of tasks, including taking medical histories and recording vital signs, assisting physicians with office procedures, and handling administrative duties.
Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses cover topics such as Medical Terminology anatomy and physiology, patient care, and administrative procedures. The courses are offered online and on campus, and students can choose to complete the program in as little as 12 months.
What you need to know about medical assisting
Medical assisting is a blossoming career field with many opportunities. Rasmussen College can help you start or advance your career in this rapidly growing industry with our hands-on, online medical assistant courses.
There are many reasons why medical assisting is a great career choice. Medical Assistants are in high demand, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting 23%job growth for medical assistants between 2016 and 2026—much faster than the average for all occupations.1 What’s more, the median annual salary for medical assistants was $31,540 in May 2017.2 And with the aging Baby Boomer population and advances in medical technology creating a greater demand for healthcare services, this dynamic field is only expected to grow.
Rasmussen College’s online Medical Assistant associate’s degree program can be completed in as few as 18 months3 and will prepare you to sit for the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
What Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses cover
Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses cover a variety of topics to prepare you for your new career. You’ll learn about patient care, medical terminology, medical office procedures, and more. With Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses, you’ll be ready to start your new career in no time.
Why medical assisting is a great career
Medical assisting is one of the most popular and fastest-growing careers in the healthcare industry. If you’re looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, medical assisting may be right for you. Here are just a few of the reasons why medical assisting is a great career choice:
1. Medical assistants are in high demand. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 23 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
2. Medical assistants make a difference in the lives of others. As a medical assistant, you will be working closely with patients and helping them with their healthcare needs. This can be very rewarding work.
3. Medical assistants have versatile skills. Medical assistants perform both clinical and administrative duties, so they must be able to multitask and be comfortable working in both office and clinical settings.
4. Medical assistants can specialize in a particular area of medicine. There are many different specialty areas within medical assisting, such as optometry, podiatry, and pediatrics. This allows medical assistants to focus on the type of medicine that interests them the most.
5. Medical assistant salaries are competitive. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for medical assistants was $34,800 in 2019, with salaries ranging from $25,810 to $48,790 per year.
If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, consider becoming a medical assistant. With its many benefits, it’s easy to see why medical assisting is such a popular career choice!
What employers are looking for in a medical assistant
In order to become a medical assistant, you will need to have certain skills and qualities that are essential in this profession. Here are some of the qualities that employers are looking for:
-Good communication skills: You will need to be able to communicate effectively with patients, doctors, and other members of the healthcare team.
-Interpersonal skills: You will be interacting with patients on a daily basis, so it is important that you have good interpersonal skills.
-Organizational skills: Medical assistants must be organized in order to keep track of patients’ medical records and appointments.
-Attention to detail: This job requires paying attention to detail in order to accurately take patients’ vital signs and record their medical history.
-Flexibility: Medical assistants need to be flexible in order to adapt to the changing needs of the healthcare industry.
How to get the most out of Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses
Rasmussen College offers several types of medical assistant courses, each of which can play an important role in helping you succeed in your career. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of Rasmussen’s medical assistant courses:
-Choose a course that fits your schedule.Medical assistants often work long hours, so it’s important to find a course that fits your schedule. Some courses are offered online, while others are offered in person.
-Get the most out of class time.Class time is precious, so make sure to get the most out of it by participating in class discussions and completing all assignments.
-Practice what you learn.The best way to learn is by doing, so be sure to practice what you learn in class on your own time. You can do this by shadowing a medical assistant or working in a medical office.
What to do after completing medical assistant courses
Upon completion of medical assistant courses at Rasmussen, graduates will be eligible to take the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Exam administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
How to become a certified medical assistant
If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, becoming a certified medical assistant is a great way to get started. And, Rasmussen College can help you on your way with our accredited Medical Assistant program.
Medical assistants perform both clinical and administrative tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. They are often the first point of contact for patients and play an important role in maintaining strong doctor-patient relationships.
Clinical tasks may include:
-Taking patient histories and vital signs
-Assisting with exams
-Preparing patients for tests and lab work
Administrative tasks may include:
-Updating medical records
-Filing insurance forms
-Arranging hospital admissions and lab services
What continuing education options are available for medical assistants
Rasmussen College offers a variety of medical assistant courses to help you fulfill your continuing education requirements. You can take individual courses or complete a certificate program.
Courses are offered online and in-person, and they cover topics such as infection control, medical billing and coding, communications, pharmacology, and professional development. Certificate programs include the Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate and the Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate.
Why Rasmussen is the best choice for medical assistant courses
Rasmussen is the best choice for medical assistant courses because they offer specialized training that is tailored to your specific career goals. With a medical assistant program that is flexible and convenient, you can complete your studies at your own pace and in a format that fits your lifestyle.