- What is a medical assistant?
- Duties of a medical assistant
- Qualifications for medical assistant jobs
- The medical assistant job market in Fredericksburg, VA
- The outlook for medical assistant jobs
- The salary for medical assistant jobs
- The benefits of being a medical assistant
- The challenges of being a medical assistant
- 10 reasons to become a medical assistant
- 5 great places to work as a medical assistant in Fredericksburg, VA
Looking for a new medical assistant job in Fredericksburg, VA? Check out our latest openings and see if there’s a fit for you!
Checkout this video:
What is a medical assistant?
A medical assistant is a person who has been trained to provide support to a licensed physician. They are responsible for a variety of tasks, including taking medical histories, scheduling appointments, drawing blood, and assisting in minor medical procedures. Many Medical assistants also handle administrative duties, such as insurance billing and coding.
Medical assistants typically have an associate degree from a community college or vocational school. Some states require Medical Assistants to be certified by an accredited organization, such as the American Association of Medical Assistants or the National Healthcare Association. Most employers prefer to hire candidates who have some experience working in a healthcare setting.
Duties of a medical assistant
The duties of a medical assistant can vary depending on the state in which they work and the type of facility in which they are employed. However, there are some duties that are common to most medical assistants. These include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, preparing patients for examinations, assisting with procedures, administering medications and injections, collecting and processing laboratory specimens, and scheduling appointments. In addition, medical assistants may also be responsible for billing and coding, insurance paperwork, and other administrative tasks.
Qualifications for medical assistant jobs
There are many types of medical assistants, with varying degrees of education and experience. However, most medical assistant jobs require at least a high school diploma, and many employers prefer candidates who have completed a formal medical assistant training program.
In addition to formal education, employers also look for candidates with strong communication and customer service skills, as well as basic computer skills. Many medical assistant jobs also require candidates to have CPR certification and knowledge of Medical Terminology
The medical assistant job market in Fredericksburg, VA
The medical assistant job market in Fredericksburg, VA is very competitive. There are many top-tier medical facilities in the city, and many medical assistants who are looking for work. The best way to find a job in Fredericksburg, VA is to use a professional recruiter.
A professional recruiter will be able to help you find the best medical assistant jobs in Fredericksburg, VA. They will also be able to provide you with information on salaries, benefits, and the overall job market in Fredericksburg, VA. If you are interested in finding a job in Fredericksburg, VA, contact a professional recruiter today.
The outlook for medical assistant jobs
The outlook for medical assistant jobs in Fredericksburg, VA is positive, with a projected growth rate of 9.2% from 2018 to 2028.* This is much faster than the average for all occupations, which is 4.5%.* The high growth rate is due in part to an aging population and the resulting increase in demand for healthcare services.
There are a number of reasons why Fredericksburg is a good place to pursue a career as a medical assistant. The area has a large number of hospitals and clinics, which means there are plenty of opportunities to find work. Additionally, the cost of living in Fredericksburg is relatively low, making it an affordable place to live and work.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career as a medical assistant in Fredericksburg, VA, there are a few things you need to know. First, you’ll need to complete an accredited training program. Once you’ve completed your training, you’ll need to pass the certified medical assistant exam administered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). Once you’ve passed the exam, you’ll be eligible for state certification as a medical assistant.
The salary for medical assistant jobs
The average salary for medical assistant jobs in Fredericksburg, VA is $33,538. This is below the national average of $36,658.
The benefits of being a medical assistant
There are many benefits of being a medical assistant. Medical assistants are in high demand and they can expect to find steady work in a variety of settings. They can work in hospitals, doctor’s offices, clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
Medical assistants enjoy a number of perks and benefits. They often receive health insurance and paid vacation days. They may also be eligible for retirement plans and other employee benefits. Medical assistants typically work regular hours, which can provide a good work-life balance.
In addition to the many financial benefits, medical assistants also report a high level of job satisfaction. They enjoy helping people and making a difference in their patients’ lives. If you are interested in a career that is both rewarding and challenging, then you should consider becoming a medical assistant.
The challenges of being a medical assistant
Working as a medical assistant can be an incredibly rewarding experience. As a medical assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with patients and help them with their healthcare needs. However, being a medical assistant also comes with some challenges. Here are some of the challenges you may face as a medical assistant:
-You’ll need to be able to handle stress. Working as a medical assistant can be stressful at times, especially if you’re working in a fast-paced environment. It’s important that you’re able to handle stress so that you can continue to provide excellent patient care.
-You’ll need to be organized. As a medical assistant, you’ll be responsible for keeping track of patients’ medical records and scheduling appointments. It’s important that you’re organized so that you can keep everything running smoothly.
-You’ll need to have people skills. As a medical assistant, you’ll be interacting with patients on a daily basis. It’s important that you have good people skills so that you can build rapport with your patients and provide them with excellent customer service.
10 reasons to become a medical assistant
If you live in Fredericksburg, Virginia, and are looking for a career in healthcare, you may want to consider becoming a medical assistant. Here are 10 reasons why:
1. Medical assistants are in high demand. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment of medical assistants will grow 19% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
2. Medical assistants have a variety of duties. No two days are alike for a medical assistant. You could be greeting patients, taking their vitals signs, scheduling appointments or updating medical records—just to name a few possibilities.
3. Medical assistants can work in a variety of settings. If you become a medical assistant, you could find work in a doctor’s office, hospital, clinic or even an insurance company.
4. You can get started with just a few months of training. Unlike some other healthcare jobs that require years of schooling, you can become a medical assistant after completing a brief training program that lasts just a few months.
5. You don’t need to be a certified medical assistant to get started in the field. Although certification is not required, it can give you an edge when competing for jobs and may lead to higher pay.* In Virginia, certification is not required to work as a medical assistant.
6. You can earn good pay as a medical assistant. The median annual wage for medical assistants was $33,610 in 2019.* In Fredericksburg, the average salary for medical assistants is even higher at $35,010 per year.* And remember, as your experience grows, so does your earning potential!
7. Medical assistants have good job prospects . As mentioned before , the employment of medical assistants is projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations from 2019 to 2029 . This growth is due to several factors , including an aging population and increases in the number of diagnostic tests and treatments .**
In Fredericksburg , there were 310 employed medical assistants working in 2018 .*** This is expected to grow to 390 by 2028 ,**** for an increase of 80 positions (or 26 % growth ).***** This growth is slightly higher than the national average . ****** So if you become amedical assistant , you should have good job prospects in Fredericksburg .
(*Virginia Employment Commission,) (**Bureau of Labor Statistics,) (***Projections Central,) (****IbisWorld,) (*****Virginia Employment Commission,) (******Bureau of Labor Statistics.) 8 . Many employers offer flexible hours If you become amedical assistant , chances are you will have some flexibility when it comes toyour work schedule . Many employers offer part – time or full – time positions , evenings and weekends shifts , and even flexible hours . This flexibility can be helpful if you have childcare needs or other commitments outside ofwork .
5 great places to work as a medical assistant in Fredericksburg, VA
If you’re looking for a great place to work as a medical assistant in Fredericksburg, VA, you’re in luck. There are many hospitals, clinics, and doctor’s offices in the area that are always looking for qualified medical assistants.
Here are 5 great places to work as a medical assistant in Fredericksburg, VA:
1. Mary Washington Hospital
2. Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
3. StoneSprings Hospital Center
4. Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center
5. Fredericksburg Surgical Associates