If you’re considering a career in medical assisting, you’re in luck! The Seattle area is home to many great opportunities. Check out our list of the top 5 medical assistant jobs in Seattle.
Checkout this video:
What are the top 5 medical assistant jobs near Seattle WA?
There are many different types of medical assistant jobs, but some of the most popular include:
1. Clinical medical assistant – These assistants work directly with patients, often in a clinic setting. Responsibilities can include taking patient histories, performing basic lab tests and assisting with minor procedures.
2. Administrative medical assistant – As the name implies, these assistants handle the administrative tasks in a medical office. This can include everything from scheduling appointments to filing insurance paperwork.
3. Research medical assistant – These assistants help doctors and other health care professionals with research projects. This can involve anything from conducting literature searches to organizing data.
4. Billing and coding medical assistant – These assistants are responsible for ensuring that patients are billed correctly and that insurance companies are properly reimbursed for the services provided.
5. Educator medical assistant – These assistants work with patients to provide education on various health topics. They may also provide instruction on how to properly use medication or how to cope with a chronic illness.
What are the duties of a medical assistant?
Medical assistants are responsible for performing a variety of tasks to support the work of doctors and other health professionals. Their duties include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, assisting with patient examinations, scheduling appointments, arranging laboratory tests, handling medical insurance paperwork, and providing patients with information about medication and diet. Some Medical Assistants also perform basic laboratory tests and administer medications.
What are the qualifications for a medical assistant?
There are many different types of medical assistant jobs, and the qualifications for each position can vary. However, there are some basic qualifications that are common to most medical assistant positions.
To be a medical assistant, you will need to have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Some medical assistant positions may require you to have completed a certified medical assistant program from an accredited institution. In addition, you will need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work well under pressure. Medical assistants must also be detail-oriented and organized, as they will be responsible for keeping track of patients’ medical records and scheduling appointments.
What are the hours for a medical assistant?
The hours for a medical assistant can vary depending on the type of facility they work in and the shift that they are working. Some medical assistants work in hospitals and may be required to work evenings, nights, or weekends. Others work in clinics or doctor’s offices and have more traditional daytime hours. Some medical assistants may also be required to work overtime on occasion.
What is the salary for a medical assistant?
In Seattle WA, the average salary for a medical assistant is $36,265 per year. The salary range for a medical assistant can be from $31,328 to $41,824 per year.