- Job Duties of a medical assistant in Lompoc, CA
- Job Requirements for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
- Education Requirements for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
- Certification Requirements for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
- Salary and Job Outlook for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
- Steps to Becoming a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
- The Medical Assistant Job Market in Lompoc, CA
- 10 Top Reasons to Become a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
- 5 Great Things About Being a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
- How to Find the Perfect Medical Assistant Job in Lompoc, CA
Find the best medical assistant jobs in Lompoc, CA with our job search engine. We make it easy to apply for jobs and get hired by providing the latest job openings and listings.
Checkout this video:
Job Duties of a medical assistant in Lompoc, CA
Medical assistants in Lompoc, CA have a variety of duties. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to: greeting patients, scheduling appointments, taking medical histories and recording vital signs, preparing patients for examinations, assisting the physician during the examination, and performing basic laboratory tests. Medical Assistants may also give injections, take X-rays, and provide patient education.
Job Requirements for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
Working as a medical assistant in Lompoc, CA requires several important job duties. To successfully work in this role, medical assistants must be able to keep track of patients’ medical histories, schedule appointments, take and record vital signs, prepare blood for laboratory testing, give injections, and assist with minor office surgeries. Many times, medical assistants are the first point of contact between a patient and a physician, so it is important that they be able to effectively communicate with both patients and doctors. Medical assistants must also be able to follow directions well and work well under pressure.
The job duties of a medical assistant vary depending on the size of the office and the number of patients seen by the practice. In larger offices, medical assistants may be responsible for scheduling appointments, taking patient phone calls, handling billing and insurance issues, stocking supplies, and managing patient records. In smaller offices, medical assistants may have more direct patient care responsibilities such as taking vitals signs and giving injections. No matter what the size of the office, all medical assistants must be able to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Medical assistants must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent to qualify for most positions. Many employers prefer candidates who have completed an accredited medical assisting program and have earned their certification from an organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants or the National Healthcare Association. Although not required by all employers, certification may give candidates a competitive edge when applying for positions.
Education Requirements for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
To work as a medical assistant in Lompoc, CA, you’ll need to earn at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Although not required, some applicants choose to complete a postsecondary medical assisting program. These programs typically last about one year and lead to a certificate or diploma. Some community colleges in California offer two-year associate’s degree programs in medical assisting.
Certification Requirements for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
There are certain certification requirements for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA. The state of California requires that all medical assistants complete a training program consisting of at least double the amount of hours required by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). In addition, medical assistants must pass a written and skills examination administered by the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance (BQMA).
Salary and Job Outlook for a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
Medical assistants in Lompoc, CA make a median salary of $33,010 per year. The job outlook for medical assistants in Lompoc, CA is positive, with an expected 39% growth in jobs from 2016 to 2026.
Steps to Becoming a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
Interested in becoming a medical assistant in Lompoc, CA? There are a few steps you’ll need to take before you can start working. Here’s an overview of the process:
1. Complete a medical assistant training program. You can find programs at community colleges, technical schools, and online colleges. Make sure the program you choose is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
2. Pass the Medical Assistant Certification Exam (MACE). This exam is offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
3. Apply for a medical assistant license in California. You’ll need to submit an application to the Medical Board of California and pay a fee.
4. Find a job! Once you have your license, you can start applying for medical assistant jobs in Lompoc, CA. Check out job postings online, or contact local hospitals and clinics directly.
The Medical Assistant Job Market in Lompoc, CA
The Medical Assistant job market is expected to grow by 32.8% in Lompoc, CA over the next ten years. This is much faster than the average for all occupations and represents an addition of 190 jobs to the Lompoc economy. The aging of the Baby Boomer population is one reason for this expected growth, as older adults tend to require more medical care than younger people do. In addition, the Affordable Care Act is expected to increase demand for preventive medical services, which will create additional demand for medical assistants.
10 Top Reasons to Become a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
Working as a medical assistant in Lompoc, CA can be a great career choice for a number of reasons. Here are 10 of the top reasons to pursue a career in medical assisting in Lompoc, CA:
1. It’s a stable and growing industry – Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
2. It’s a versatile occupation – Medical assistants can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, and even research laboratories.
3. It offers opportunities for advancement – With experience, medical assistants may be promoted to supervisor or management positions.
4. It’s a well-paying occupation – The median annual wage for medical assistants was $34,800 in May 2019.
5. It doesn’t require a four-year degree – Medical assistants can enter the occupation with a postsecondary certificate or diploma from an accredited institution.
6. It offers entry-level jobs for those with no prior experience – No prior experience is necessary for many entry-level medical assistant positions.
7. On-the-job training is often available – Many employers provide on-the-job training for new medical assistants.
8. Certification is not required but may be beneficial – Although certification is not required, it may give job seekers an edge in the job market and lead to higher wages.
9. Many employers offer benefits packages – Many employers offer benefit packages that include health insurance paid vacation and sick days, and retirement plans such as 401(k)s or 403(b)s.
10. There are opportunities to work remotely – With the rise of telemedicine, there are now opportunities to work remotely as a medical assistant in some cases
5 Great Things About Being a Medical Assistant in Lompoc, CA
Working as a medical assistant in Lompoc, CA comes with several great benefits. Here are just a few of the many reasons why you’ll love working as a medical assistant in this beautiful city:
1. The weather is great. Lompoc is located in California’s Central Coast region, and enjoys moderate temperatures year-round. You’ll never have to deal with extreme heat or cold while working as a medical assistant in Lompoc.
2. The scenery is beautiful. Lompoc is situated among rolling hills and breathtaking valleys. When you’re not busy at work, you can enjoy exploring all that the area has to offer.
3. There’s plenty to do in your free time. In addition to enjoying the outdoors, you can also take advantage of the city’s many shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. There’s always something to do in Lompoc!
4. The people are friendly. Residents of Lompoc are known for their warm hospitality. You’ll feel right at home working as a medical assistant in this community-oriented city.
5. You can make a difference. As a medical assistant, you’ll play an important role in supporting the city’s health care needs. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping others while also enjoying all that Lompoc has to offer
How to Find the Perfect Medical Assistant Job in Lompoc, CA
Are you hoping to find a medical assistant job in Lompoc, CA? If so, you may be wondering how to go about finding the perfect job for you. After all, with so many medical assistant jobs available, it can be tough to know where to start your search.
Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect medical assistant job in Lompoc, CA:
1. Start by searching online. One of the best ways to find medical assistant jobs in Lompoc, CA is to search for them online. There are a number of great websites that list medical assistant jobs in the area, so take some time to browse through them.
2. Ask your friends and family. If you know anyone who works as a medical assistant or who knows someone who does, ask them if they have any recommendations for good jobs in Lompoc, CA.
3. Check with local hospitals and clinics. Another great way to find medical assistant jobs in Lompoc, CA is to contact local hospitals and clinics directly. Many of these organizations are always on the lookout for qualified medical assistants, so they may have some great leads for you.
4. Network with other medical professionals. If you know any other medical professionals in the area (doctors, nurses, etc.), let them know that you’re looking for a medical assistant job in Lompoc, CA. They may have some good connections that could help you find the perfect job.
By following these tips, you should have no trouble finding a great medical assistant job in Lompoc, CA.