Use our job search engine to find medical assistant jobs in Parsippany, NJ.
Checkout this video:
Medical assistants are in high demand! As the healthcare industry continues to grow, so does the need for qualified medical assistants. If you’re considering a career in medical assisting, Parsippany, NJ is a great place to start your search for the perfect job.
Parsippany is home to many healthcare facilities, including hospitals, clinics, and private practices. With so many options available, you’re sure to find a medical assistant job that’s a good fit for your skills and experience.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best medical assistant jobs in Parsippany, NJ. Whether you’re looking for a full-time or part-time position, we’ve got you covered.
What is a medical assistant?
A medical assistant is a health care professional who performs a variety of tasks in a doctor’s office or clinic. They may be responsible for taking patient medical histories and vital signs, scheduling appointments, handling insurance paperwork, and performing basic laboratory tests. Many medical assistants also work closely with patients to answer their questions and provide instructions on taking medications or preparing for procedures.
The duties of a medical assistant
The duties of a medical assistant encompass both clinical and administrative tasks to support the work of physicians and other health professionals. In Parsippany, New Jersey, medical assistants perform a variety of duties to keep the office of a physician or other health professional running smoothly. They may collect patient medical histories, take and record vital signs, prepare patients for examinations, assist with office procedures, schedule appointments, and do any number of other tasks.
The benefits of working as a medical assistant
Medical assistants are in high demand and there are many benefits to pursuing a career in this field. If you are considering a career in medical assisting, here are some of the top reasons to do so:
1. Medical assistants are in high demand. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment of medical assistants will grow much faster than the average for all occupations between 2016 and 2026, creating nearly 183,000 new jobs.
2. Medical assistant jobs offer good pay and job security. The median annual salary for medical assistants was $32,480 in 2016, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). And because medical assistants are needed in all types of healthcare facilities, including hospitals, doctors’ offices and clinics, they enjoy good job security.
3. A career as a medical assistant can be very rewarding. Medical assistants often form close bonds with their patients and their families and take great satisfaction in helping them receive the healthcare they need.
4. You can get started on your medical assistant career relatively quickly and with little educational credits or work experience required beyond a high school diploma or GED certificate; most programs can be completed in about one year. In addition, many employers offer on-the-job training for entry-level medical assistant positions if you have no prior experience working in a healthcare setting
The skills required to be a medical assistant
There are a variety of skills that are required to be a medical assistant. These skills include excellent communication, customer service, and organization. Medical assistants must also be able to multitask and handle a variety of tasks at one time. In addition, medical assistants must have basic computer skills to enter patient data into the computer system.
The training required to be a medical assistant
Medical assistants are essential members of the healthcare team, providing support to physicians and other medical staff. If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, becoming a medical assistant could be a great option. But what does it take to become a medical assistant?
There are many ways to become a medical assistant, but most involve some type of training. You can find programs at community colleges, technical schools, and even some hospitals. There are even online programs available.
The length of training programs varies, but most take between one and two years to complete. Once you’ve completed your training, you’ll be prepared to take on an entry-level position in a medical office or clinic.
In addition to formal training, there are a few other things you should keep in mind if you’re interested in becoming a medical assistant. First, it’s important to have good people skills. As a medical assistant, you’ll be working closely with patients and their families, so it’s important that you have good communication skills.
Second, you should be detail-oriented and able to multitask. Medical offices can be busy places, so it’s important that you can handle multiple tasks at once and stay organized.
If you have the skills and personality traits that make a good medical assistant, and you’re interested in helping others, then a career as a medical assistant could be a great fit for you!
The job outlook for medical assistants
Medical assistants are in high demand, and the job outlook for this career is very positive. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of medical assistant jobs is expected to grow by 29% from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
There are many reasons for this high demand, but one of the main reasons is that our population is aging. As people age, they generally need more medical care, which means more medical assistants will be needed to provide that care.
If you live in Parsippany, NJ or are considering moving there, you’ll be happy to know that this is a great place to be a medical assistant. The state of New Jersey has the second highest employment level for medical assistants in the country, and the Parsippany-Troy Hills area specifically has a very high concentration of medical assistants. In fact, there are over 3,000 medical assistants employed in this area!
Whether you’re just starting out as a medical assistant or you’re looking for a new opportunity, you should definitely consider Parsippany as a great place to work.
The salary of a medical assistant
As of May 2020, the average annual salary for medical assistants was $34,800, or $16.69 per hour, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The top 10% of medical assistants earned more than $49,860, while the bottom 10% made less than $24,520 that year.
The best medical assistant jobs in Parsippany, NJ
There are many great medical assistant jobs in Parsippany, NJ. Here are some tips to help you find the best one for you:
1. Do your research. Find out as much as you can about the medical assistant field in general, and also about the specific job you’re interested in.
2. Talk to people who work in the field. Ask them about their jobs, and find out what they like and don’t like about it.
3. Find a good training program. A good medical assistant training program will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in your new career.
4. Get experience. Many employers prefer to hire medical assistants who have some experience working in a medical office or clinic. If you don’t have any experience, consider volunteering at a local hospital or clinics.
5. Be professional. When you’re interviewing for a medical assistant job, remember to dress professionally and be polite and courteous to everyone you meet.
How to find the best medical assistant jobs in Parsippany, NJ
Medical assisting is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the United States, and Parsippany, NJ is no exception. With a growing population and an aging Baby Boomer generation, the demand for medical assistants is high. If you’re looking for a career in medical assisting, here are some tips on how to find the best jobs in Parsippany, NJ.
First, consider your qualifications. Medical assistants must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent, although many jobs now require an associate’s degree or higher. If you have experience working in a medical office or hospital, that will give you a leg up on the competition.
Next, think about your desired work environment. Do you want to work in a hospital or doctor’s office? Or would you prefer a more relaxed setting, such as a clinic or urgent care center? There are many different types of medical facilities in Parsippany, so it’s important to narrow down your search to find the right job for you.
Once you know what type of job you’re looking for, it’s time to start your search. The best way to find medical assistant jobs in Parsippany is to use an online job search engine, such as Indeed.com or CareerBuilder.com. You can also check with your local chamber of commerce or professional organizations like the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) for job postings.
When searching for medical assistant jobs online, be sure to use keywords like “medical assistant” and “Parsippany” to ensure that you’re seeing all relevant results. You can also narrow your search by specifying the type of position you’re looking for (full-time, part-time, temporary), as well as your desired salary range.
Finally, don’t forget to apply! Many employers requires applicants to submit a resume and cover letter along with their online application. Be sure to highlight your skills and experience in your applications materials, and include any relevant certifications or licenses you may hold. Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to finding the best medical assistant jobs in Parsippany!