Discover the top 5 medical assistant jobs in Denver, CO. Learn about what each position entails and find the one that’s right for you.
Checkout this video:
What are the top 5 medical assistant jobs in Denver, CO?
There are many different types of medical assistant jobs, and the top five vary depending on the needs of the facility. Here are the most common medical assistant job descriptions in Denver, CO:
1. Scheduling Coordinator – Medical assistants in this position work closely with patients and scheduling staff to ensure that appointments are made and kept. They may also be responsible for handling patient calls, updating medical records and verifying insurance benefits.
2. Insurance Biller – Medical assistants in this position work with patients’ insurance companies to get claims processed and payments made. They must have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as knowledge of medical billing codes and procedures.
3. Clinic Manager – Medical assistants in this position are responsible for the overall operation of a clinic or doctor’s office. They work closely with doctors, staff, and patients to ensure that everyone is getting the care they need. Clinic managers must have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
4. Nursing Assistant – In this position, medical assistants work closely with nurses to provide basic patient care, such as taking vital signs and giving baths. They may also help with administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments and updating Medical records Nursing assistants must be able to follow instructions carefully and have a caring nature.
5. Phlebotomist – Medical assistants in this position draw blood from patients for lab tests or blood transfusions. They must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to handle needles without fear. Phlebotomists must also know how to properly collect and store blood samples.
What are the duties of a medical assistant?
A medical assistant is a multi-skilled allied health professional who work along side physicians and other health care professionals in ambulatory care settings. Medical assistants are responsible for a variety of clinical and administrative tasks, including taking and recording medical histories and Vital Signs,preparing patients for examinations,assisting with office procedures, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, handling billing and coding information for insurance purposes.
In addition to their clinical duties, medical assistants may also be responsible for clerical tasks, such as greeting patients, scheduling appointments, handling patient inquiries and phone calls, maintaining medical records and filing insurance claims.
What are the educational requirements for a medical assistant?
There are many great reasons to become a medical assistant. Medical assistants are in high demand, and the job outlook is excellent. They also enjoy a good salary and benefits package. If you live in Denver, CO, you’re in luck. Denver is a great place to work as a medical assistant.
Becoming a medical assistant is a great way to start your career in the medical field. Medical assistants perform a variety of tasks, including taking patient histories, scheduling appointments, and assisting with minor office surgery. They also take blood pressure, weight, and height measurements. Most importantly, they provide support to patients and families.
The educational requirements for a medical assistant vary by state. In Colorado, you must complete an accredited medical assisting program and pass the certification exam administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). The AAMA offers several certification options, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs. Once you have your certification, you can apply for jobs at any number of hospitals, clinics, or doctor’s offices in Denver.
What are the job outlook and salary for a medical assistant?
The top 5 medical assistant jobs in Denver, CO are:
1. Clinic medical assistant- $17.36/hour
2. Family practice medical assistant- $16.82/hour
3. Medical office administrative assistant- $16.00/hour
4. Medical records and health information technician- $17.64/hour
5. Outpatient care center medical assistant- $17.60/hour
What are the top 5 medical assistant employers in Denver, CO?
Working as a medical assistant in Denver, CO can be a great way to start your career in the medical field. There are many different employers that are looking for medical assistants, and it can be difficult to know which ones are the best to work for. Here are the top 5 medical assistant employers in Denver, CO:
3.University of Colorado Hospital
4.Children’s Hospital Colorado