Medical Assistance and Medical Transportation in Minnesota

Looking for medical assistance or medical transportation in Minnesota? We can help! We offer a variety of services to meet your needs, and we’re always here to help. Contact us today to learn more.

Checkout this video:

Getting Medical Assistance in Minnesota

In Minnesota, Medical Assistance (MA) provides health care coverage for certain low- and moderate-income residents, including families with children, pregnant women, adults without children, seniors and people who are blind or have another disability. If you qualify for MA, you will get a MinnesotaCare card in the mail. This card is used to get health care services covered by MA.

There are two ways to get Medical assistance in Minnesota: through a managed care plan or through fee-for-service.

Managed care plans are run by private companies under contract with the state of Minnesota. If you have Medical Assistance through a managed care plan, you will get your health care from providers who have agreed to work with the plan. You will likely have some choices of providers within the plan’s network. You will also have a primary care provider (PCP) who coordinates your overall health care. In most cases, you will need to get a referral from your PCP in order to see a specialist.

With fee-for-service MA, the state pays for health care services provided by approved providers. You can choose your own provider as long as they participate in the medical assistance program. You do not need a referral to see a specialist with fee-for-service MA.

Applying for medical assistance in Minnesota

There are a few different ways to apply for medical assistance in Minnesota. You can either apply online through the state’s MNsure website, or you can fill out a paper application and mail it in. You can also apply in person at your county’s human services office.

If you need help with the application process, you can contact your county’s human services office or the MNsure Call Center at 1-855-3-MNSURE (1-855-366-7873).

Eligibility for medical assistance in Minnesota

In order to be eligible for medical assistance in Minnesota, you must meet two basic criteria:
1) You must be a resident of Minnesota, and
2) You must meet one of the following financial criteria:
-Your household income must not exceed 133% of the federal poverty guidelines, or
-You must be certified as disabled by the Social Security Administration or blind by the Social Security Administration or a licensed physician, or
-You must be responsible for minor children in your care, or
-You must be pregnant.

Renewing medical assistance in Minnesota

If you are renewing your medical assistance, you will need to complete the renewal process at least one month before your current coverage expires. You can renew your medical assistance by completing an application form and returning it to your county or tribal office, or by calling the MN Relay Service at 711.

What medical assistance covers in Minnesota

Medical assistance (MA) is a program that helps pay for medical care for eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, and people with disabilities. MA covers a wide range of medical services, including doctor visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs, vision and dental care, and more. MA also covers medically-necessary transportation to and from medical appointments.

How to get medical transportation in Minnesota

If you need help getting to and from medical appointments, there are options available to Minnesota residents. Medicaid enrollees can get medical transportation help through the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) benefit. NEMT can help you get to and from:
-Routine medical appointments
-Non-emergency medical appointments
-Dental appointments
-Behavioral health appointments

You can get NEMT services through a Medicaid health plan or a contracted transportation broker. Some counties have their own programs to help with medical transportation. To find out what’s available in your county, contact your local human services agency or social services office.

Who is eligible for medical transportation in Minnesota

There are many Minnesota residents who are eligible for medical assistance, which can help cover the cost of transportation to and from doctor’s appointments. To be eligible for medical assistance, you must be a resident of Minnesota, have a limited income, and be a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant. If you meet these criteria, you may be able to get help with transportation costs through one of the following programs:

Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
If you need help getting to and from a doctor’s appointment, you may be eligible for non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT). NEMT can provide transportation for those who do not have access to a car or public transportation.

Medical Assistance Transportation Program
The Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP) provides free or low-cost transportation to and from medical appointments for those who are enrolled in Medical Assistance. To be eligible for MATP, you must be enrolled in Medical Assistance and have no other way to get to your appointments.

How to apply for medical transportation in Minnesota

If you are enrolled in a Minnesota health care program, you may be eligible for medical transportation. Medical transportation is a benefit that helps you get to and from medical appointments. This benefit is also called non-emergency medical transportation or NEMT.

You can apply for medical transportation benefits through your county or tribal human services office, or through your managed care plan. If you have questions about how to apply, please contact your county or tribal human services office, or your managed care plan.

What medical transportation covers in Minnesota

In Minnesota, medical assistance (MA) pays for a wide range of health care services. Many people think MA only pays for doctor visits and hospital stays, but it actually covers much more.

One important service that MA covers is medical transportation. This means that if you need to go to a doctor’s appointment or hospital stay, and you can’t get there yourself, MA will pay for someone to take you.

There are several ways to get medical transportation covered by MA. The best way is to call your County or Tribal office and ask about getting an “MA-covered ride”. You can also talk to your doctor or other health care provider about getting an “MA-covered ride”.

Medical transportation can be either “ambulatory” or “non-ambulatory”. Ambulatory means that you are able to walk and get in and out of a car without help. Non-ambulatory means that you can’t walk, or you can’t get in and out of a car without help.

If you are ambulatory, there are three ways to get medical transportation covered by MA:
1. You can take a bus, light rail, or Northstar train if your doctor says it is medically necessary for you to do so. You will need to show your bus pass, light rail pass, or Northstar ticket to the driver when you get on the bus, light rail, or train.
2. You can have someone drive you if your doctor says it is medically necessary for you to do so. The person who drives you will need to fill out an “MA-Covered Transportation Request Form” and send it to the county or tribal office where you get your MA benefits from. The county or tribal office will then send you a gas card that you can use to pay for gas for the trip.
3. You can use a taxi if your doctor says it is medically necessary for you do so AND if the county where you live has a contract with a taxi company for medical transportation services. If your county does not have such a contract, then MA will not cover the cost of using a taxi for medical transportation purposes.

Renewing medical transportation in Minnesota

In Minnesota, medical assistance covers medical transportation for Minnesota residents who have a medical condition that prevents them from using regular transportation.

To renew your medical transportation, you will need to submit a new application and provide updated information about your medical condition. You will also need to provide proof of Minnesota residency, such as a driver’s license or utility bill.

If you have any questions about renewing your medical transportation, please contact the Minnesota Department of Human Services at 1-800-657-3739.

Similar Posts