Independence University Medical Assistant Reviews
- Why Independence University is a great choice for medical assisting students
- The curriculum and training at Independence University
- The benefits of becoming a medical assistant
- The job outlook for medical assistants
- The salary potential for medical assistants
- The skills and qualities that make a great medical assistant
- The challenges of being a medical assistant
- The importance of continuing education for medical assistants
- 10 reasons to become a medical assistant
- 5 things you didn’t know about medical assistants
If you’re thinking about becoming a medical assistant you’ll want to know what others in the field think about the job. Check out these Independence University medical assistant reviews to get an idea of what the work is like.
Checkout this video:
Why Independence University is a great choice for medical assisting students
If you’re considering a career in medical assisting, Independence University is a great choice. We offer an accredited medical assistant program that can be completed in as little as 15 months, so you can get started on your career sooner. And our affordable tuition makes it possible for you to get the education you need without taking on a lot of debt.
In addition to our online medical assistant program, we also offer student support services like 24/7 tech support and an online library, so you can get the help you need when you need it. And because our programs are designed for working adults, we offer flexible scheduling options that make it possible for you to complete your coursework around your job and other commitments.
If you’re ready to start working toward a career in medical assisting, contact us today to learn more about our program and how we can help you reach your goals.
The curriculum and training at Independence University
The curriculum and training at Independence University is designed to prepare students for a career in the medical field as a medical assistant. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), and students who complete the program will be eligible to take the certification exam to become a certified medical assistant (CMA). The program is offered online and on-campus, and students can choose to complete the program in as little as 18 months.
Students who have completed the Medical Assistant program at Independence University have given the program high marks, praising the quality of the curriculum and instruction. One student said that she felt “well-prepared” after completing the program, and that her instructors had been “very helpful” in providing guidance and support. Another student described the program as “challenging” but said that it was “definitely worth it” in terms of preparing him for a career in the medical field.
The benefits of becoming a medical assistant
Medical assistants are in high demand due to the aging population and the Affordable Care Act MA’s are an important part of the healthcare team, working alongside doctors and nurses to provide quality patient care.
There are many benefits to becoming a medical assistant, including:
-A career in a growing field with opportunities for advancement
-A chance to make a difference in people’s lives
-Flexible work hours
-Competitive salaries and benefits
The job outlook for medical assistants
Medical assistants are in high demand, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting a 23% growth in employment from 2016 to 2026. This is much faster than the average for all occupations, making medical assisting one of the most promising careers for those looking to enter the healthcare field.
While job prospects are excellent for Medical Assistants it is important to remember that competition will be stiff. Those who have completed a accredited medical assistant program and have experience working in a medical office or hospital will have the best chance of landing a job.
The salary potential for medical assistants
Medical assistants are in high demand and the potential for salary growth is excellent. Here are some facts and figures to help you understand the earnings potential for this career:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for medical assistants was $34,800 in May 2016. The top 10% of earners made more than $49,380, while the bottom 10% made less than $25,710.
PayScale’s salary data shows that medical assistants can expect to earn a median salary of $33,000 per year. Salaries range from a low of $22,000 per year to a high of $46,000 per year.
The 2017 Allied Health Compensation Survey reports that the median salary for medical assistants is $33,500 per year. Salaries range from a low of $28,000 per year to a high of $39,000 per year.
As you can see, there is a wide range in potential earnings for medical assistants. Your salary will be influenced by factors such as your experience, education, location, and employer.
The skills and qualities that make a great medical assistant
Medical assistants are vital members of the healthcare team. They are responsible for a wide range of tasks, from greeting patients and scheduling appointments to taking medical histories and performing basic laboratory tests.
To be successful in this role, medical assistants must have excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure, as they often have to deal with last-minute changes or emergencies.
In addition to these skills, medical assistants must also possess a strong knowledge of Medical Terminology and procedures. They must be able to take accurate medical histories and vital signs, and they must be comfortable working with computers and other technology.
The challenges of being a medical assistant
While medical assistants perform a variety of important tasks, the job is not without its challenges. One of the biggest challenges facing medical assistants is the constantly changing nature of the healthcare industry. With new technologies and treatments being developed all the time, medical assistants need to be able to adapt to change quickly.
Another challenge facing medical assistants is the increasing demands placed on their time. With more and more patients seeking care, medical assistants are often required to work longer hours and take on additional responsibilities. This can lead to burnout and make it difficult to provide quality care.
Despite these challenges, being a medical assistant can be a highly rewarding experience. Medical assistants have the opportunity to make a difference in patients’ lives and help them receive the care they need.
The importance of continuing education for medical assistants
As a medical assistant, you play a vital role in the healthcare team. You are often the first point of contact for patients, and you play a vital role in providing care and support.Continuing education is important for medical assistants for several reasons:
1. It helps you keep up with changes in the medical field. Technology and procedures are constantly changing, and it’s important to keep up with those changes. Continuing education can help you do that.
2. It helps you improve your skills. As you take new courses and learn new information, you’ll be able to apply that knowledge to your work as a medical assistant. This can help you provide better care for your patients.
3. It can help you advance in your career. If you want to move into a leadership role or take on more responsibility, continuing education can give you the skills and knowledge you need to do that.
4. It can help you earn more money. Medical assistants who have completed continuing education courses often earn higher salaries than those who have not completed such courses.
10 reasons to become a medical assistant
Medical assistants are in high demand. Here are 10 reasons why becoming a medical assistant is a great career choice.
1. Medical assistants are in high demand. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment of medical assistants will grow 29 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.
2. Medical assistants can earn a good salary. The median annual wage for medical assistants was $32,480 in 2016, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
3. Medical assistants have many job opportunities. They can work in doctors’ offices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
4. Medical assistants can work in many different specialties. If you’re interested in working with children, you could be a pediatric medical assistant. If you’re interested in working with the elderly, you could be a geriatric medical assistant. There are also opportunities to specialize in areas such as optometry, podiatry, and ophthalmology.
5. You can become a medical assistant without completing a long training program. Many medical assisting programs can be completed in just one year or less.
6. As a medical assistant, you will have the opportunity to help patients and make a difference in their lives every day.
7 .Medical assisting is a rewarding and challenging career that offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. Medical assistants work closely with patients and other healthcare professionals, and they often have firsthand knowledge of the challenges and rewards of healthcare work . This makes them uniquely qualified to pursue further education and training and advance their careers in healthcare .
8 . As a medical assistant, you will have access to some of the latest technology and treatments . You’ll also be able to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in healthcare , which can make your job more interesting and rewarding .
9 .Medical assistants are an important part of the healthcare team . They play a vital role in ensuring that patients receive quality care . In many cases , they are the first point of contact between patients and doctors , which means they play an important role in providing customer service and creating positive first impressions of the healthcare facility .
5 things you didn’t know about medical assistants
1. Medical assistants are in high demand.
2. A medical assistant career can be very rewarding.
3. Medical assistants can work in a variety of medical settings.
4. Medical assistants must complete an accredited medical assistant program to be eligible for certification.
5. There are many different medical assistant certifications available.