The Virginia Department of medical assistance Services (DMAS) is the state agency that administers the Medicaid and FAMIS programs in Virginia. DMAS is committed to providing quality customer service to our provider community. The Provider Portal is a secure, online system that gives you 24/7 access to the information you need to do business with us.
Checkout this video:
Introduction to the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Provider Portal
The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Provider Portal is an online tool that providers can use to access information about their patients’ Medicaid benefits. The portal is also a way for providers to communicate with the Department of Medical assistance (DMAS) about their patients’ care.
The provider portal provides providers with 24/7 access to:
-Patient information, including demographic information, benefit details, and claims history
-The ability to submit claims electronically
-A secure messaging system to communicate with DMAS staff
To register for the provider portal, providers will need their National Provider Identifier (NPI) and a valid email address. Once registered, providers will be able to access the portal by logging in with their NPI and password.
How to access the Provider Portal
In order to access the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Provider Portal, providers will need to first create an account by visiting the following link: https://www.virginiamedicaid.com/login/create-account.html.
Once you have created your account, you will be able to login to the Provider Portal using your username and password. Once you have logged in, you will be able to access a variety of resources and information specifically for providers, including provider manuals, training materials, and contact information for department staff.
What you can do on the Provider Portal
The Provider Portal is a secure website that gives registered providers 24/7 access to:
– Check the eligibility of their Virginia Medicaid patients
– Submit and check the status of prior authorization requests
– View and download patient remittance advices (RAs)
– Update demographic information
– Respond to quality surveys
How to update your information on the Provider Portal
To ensure that the Commonwealth of Virginia has the most up-to-date information about your organization, please follow these steps to update your information on the Provider Portal:
1. Login to www.vadmeproviderportal.com using your User ID and password.
2. Click on the “Profile” tab at the top of the screen.
3. Click on the “Update Profile” button in the middle of the screen.
4. Make changes to any of the following fields as needed: Organization Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Fax Number, Website URL, Primary Contact Name, Primary Contact Title, and/or Primary Contact Email Address.
5. Click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen.
How to submit claims on the Provider Portal
In order to submit claims on the Provider Portal, you’ll need to first create an account. To do so, click on the “Create an Account” button on the login page. From there, you will be asked to provide some basic information about yourself and your practice. Once you have completed that process, you will be able to login and begin submitting claims.
If you have any questions about how to submit claims on the Provider Portal, please contact the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance at 1-800-552-8627.
How to check claim status on the Provider Portal
If you need to check the status of a claim, you can do so through the Provider Portal. Here’s how:
1. Log in to the Provider Portal.
2. Click on “Claims” in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click on “Claim Status” in the submenu that appears.
4. Enter the information for the claim you want to check into the search fields and click “Search.”
5. The status of your claim will appear in the results list.
How to appeal a claim decision on the Provider Portal
The Virginia Department of medical assistance (DMAS) Provider Portal is an online claims submission and inquiry system for Virginia Medicaid providers.
If you disagree with a claim decision made by DMAS, you have the right to file an appeal. You can do this by logging in to the Provider Portal and submitting an appeal form.
To appeal a claim decision on the Provider Portal:
1. Log in to the Provider Portal.
2. Click on the “Claims” tab.
3. Find the claim you want to appeal and click on the “Details” link.
4. Scroll down to the “Claim Actions” section and click on the “Appeal” link.
5. Complete the appeal form and submit it electronically.
You will receive a confirmation email once your appeal has been received and processed by DMAS.
How to contact the Provider Portal support team
The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance (DMAS) Provider Portal is an online tool that allows providers to securely access information about their patients’ Medicaid benefits.
If you are a provider who needs assistance using the Provider Portal, please contact the Provider Portal support team. The support team is available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST.
You can reach the Provider Portal support team by:
– Calling toll-free at 1-844-400-3575
– Sending an email to [email protected]
What’s new on the Provider Portal
The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance (DMAS) is excited to announce new updates to the provider portal. These updates are based on feedback from our providers and will help to streamline the process of submitting claims and accessing patient information.
Some of the new features include:
-A streamlined claims submission process
-A simplified search function for finding patients
-An improved interface for accessing patient information
We hope that these updates will make it easier for you to provide care for your patients and we encourage you to take advantage of them. If you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tips and tricks for using the Provider Portal
In order to access the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Provider Portal, you will need a valid provider number and passcode. If you have forgotten your passcode, you can click on the “Forgot your passcode?” link on the login page to reset it.
Once you are logged in, you will be able to view information about your claims, payments, and eligibility. You can also update your contact information and manage your account settings.
If you have any questions or problems with the Provider Portal, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-855-242-8282.