Northwell Health is now hiring medical assistants! These positions are perfect for those who are passionate about health and helping others. Apply today!
Checkout this video:
Northwell Health is hiring medical assistants!
Northwell Health is now hiring medical assistants! If you are interested in helping to provide care for patients and assist doctors and nurses in a variety of medical settings, then this may be the perfect job for you. Medical assistants perform a variety of duties, including taking patient medical histories and vital signs, preparing patients for examinations, assisting with office procedures, and providing instruction to patients on how to care for themselves at home.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work with some of the finest healthcare professionals in the country. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career in healthcare, then we encourage you to apply today.
Why work as a medical assistant?
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country, and Northwell Health is now hiring. As a medical assistant you will be responsible for a variety of tasks to support the work of physicians and other medical professionals. You will also have the opportunity to work with a variety of patients and learn about their medical needs. If you are interested in a career in healthcare, working as a medical assistant is a great way to get started.
What kind of training do you need to be a medical assistant?
Medical assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners running smoothly. The duties of medical assistants vary from office to office, depending on the size and location of the practice and the practitioners’ specialty.
Admitting patients, updating and filing patient medical records coding and filling out insurance forms, scheduling appointments, handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping are some of the many clerical duties that medical assistants may be asked to perform. They also take patients’ vital signs, such as blood pressure; explain medications; collect blood, tissue, or urine samples for testing; prepare patients for X-rays; remove stitches; apply ice packs or topical medications; authorize prescription refills; or call in prescriptions to the pharmacy.
Some medical assistants take on additional responsibilities such as handling billing and accounts receivable, maintaining inventory, ordering supplies, handling correspondence, handling insurance claims or authorizing insurance payments.
What duties do medical assistants perform?
Medical assistants are key members of the healthcare team who perform a variety of duties to support doctors and other medical professionals. Their responsibilities can range from administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments and handling billing to clinical tasks such as taking medical histories and measuring patients’ vital signs.
No matter what their specific duties are, medical assistants must be able to work well under pressure, be detail-oriented, and have excellent communication skills. If you are interested in pursuing a career in medical assisting, read on to learn more about the job duties of this important role.
What are the benefits of working as a medical assistant?
There are many benefits to working as a medical assistant. Medical assistants are in high demand, and the job outlook for medical assistants is excellent. Medical assistants are paid well and have good job security. In addition, medical assistants have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and doctors’ offices.
How to become a medical assistant?
A medical assistant is a healthcare professional who performs administrative and clinical tasks in a healthcare setting. They work alongside physicians, nurses, and other health care providers.
Medical assistants typically have an associate degree or certificate from a medical assistant program. Some states require certification for medical assistants.
If you are interested in becoming a medical assistant, contact your local community college or vocational school to inquire about programs in your area.
What are the job outlook and salary for medical assistants?
The job outlook for medical assistants is very good. Employment of medical assistants is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations from 2018 to 2028, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median salary for medical assistants was $33,610 in 2018.
10 reasons to become a medical assistant
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country. Here are 10 reasons why you should consider a career as a medical assistant:
1. Medical assistants are in high demand. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment of medical assistants will grow 29 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
2. Medical assistants can earn a good salary. The median annual wage for medical assistants was $34,800 in May 2019, and the top 10 percent earned more than $49,810.
3. most medical assistants have relatively short training periods. Many programs can be completed in less than a year, and some take as little as eight weeks to finish.
4. Medical assistants can work in a variety of settings. They may be employed in hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, or other healthcare facilities.
5. Medical assistants have a variety of duties. Their tasks may include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, preparing patients for examinations, assisting with procedures, and providing instruction on how to take care of oneself at home after treatment.
6. Medical assistants can specialize in a particular area of medicine. Specialties for medical assistants include ophthalmology, optometry, podiatry, and cardiology.
7. Medical assistant jobs are expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through 2029 due largely to an aging population and continued expansion of health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). An aging population will require more medical services as they live longer and have more chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. The ACA is expected to continue to increase the number of people with health insurance coverage which will also spur demand for medical services and therefore create more jobs for medical assistants across the country.. In addition, as baby boomers age they will likely increasingly use preventive services rather than wait until they experience symptoms ordeveloped chronic conditions that require more costly treatments.. All of these factors together are expected to contribute to strong job growth for medical assistants over the next decade . . . 8.. In addition to strong job growth prospects , another reason to consider becoming a medical assistant is that it is a relatively practitioners may assist with minor office surgeries such , performing EKGs , taking X-rays , or administering medications as prescribed by the physician.. 9.. As healthcare becomes more efficient and cost-effective , demand will continue to increase for individuals who can provide quality care while working within these constraints.. 10.. Last but not least , helping others live healthier lives is extremely gratifying work .. If you enjoy working with people and want to make a difference in their lives , becoming a medical assistant may be the perfect career choice for you !
5 top reasons to work for Northwell Health
As one of the largest healthcare providers in the U.S., Northwell Health offers a wealth of opportunities for medical assistants. If you’re considering a career in healthcare, here are five reasons why Northwell Health is a great place to start your journey.
1. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
2. We have locations across New York State, including the New York City area.
3. We offer a variety of roles for medical assistants, so you can find the perfect fit for your skills and interests.
4. We provide ongoing training and development opportunities to help you grow in your career.
5. We are committed to providing excellent patient care and experience
FAQs about working as a medical assistant
What are the requirements to become a medical assistant?
Most medical assistants have at least a high school diploma, although some may have completed postsecondary education. Some states also require medical assistants to be certified.
What duties does a medical assistant perform?
Medical assistants typically perform both administrative and clinical tasks. Administrative duties might include answering phones, scheduling appointments, and handling billing and insurance paperwork. Clinical tasks might include taking patients’ vital signs, preparing them for examinations, and assisting the physician with procedures.
What are the benefits of working as a medical assistant?
Working as a medical assistant can be a very rewarding experience. Medical assistants often report feeling satisfaction from knowing that they are helping patients receive the care they need. They also appreciate the opportunity to work with a variety of people and to learn new things on a daily basis.