Here are the top 10 medical assistant jobs in Morristown, NJ. If you’re looking for a new opportunity in the medical field, be sure to check out these jobs!
Checkout this video:
A medical assistant is a professional who works in the medical field assisting doctors and other medical staff with patient care, administrative work, and other duties as needed. Medical assistants may work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, private practices, and other healthcare facilities.
There are many different types of medical assistant jobs available in Morristown, NJ. Here are 10 of the most popular medical assistant jobs in the area:
1. Clinical Medical Assistant: A clinical medical assistant works directly with patients, providing them with care and assistance during their appointment or visit. Clinical medical assistants may also be responsible for taking vital signs, scheduling appointments, and updating patient charts.
2. Administrative Medical Assistant: An administrative medical assistant provides support to the office staff of a healthcare facility. They may be responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, filing paperwork, and performing other clerical duties as needed.
3. transcriptionist: A transcriptionist produces accurate written records of doctors’ dictated audio files using a computer and specialized software. This job requires excellent typing skills as well as knowledge of Medical Terminology
4. Insurance Verification Specialist: An insurance verification specialist is responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify coverage for patients prior to their appointment or procedure. This job requires excellent customer service skills as well as knowledge of insurance billing procedures.
5. Laboratory Technician: A laboratory technician performs various laboratory tests on samples collected from patients. These tests are used to diagnose disease or measure the effectiveness of a treatment plan. Laboratory technicians must have completed an accredited training program and be certified by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
6. medical billing Specialist: A medical billing specialist is responsible for submitting claims to insurance companies on behalf of patients and healthcare providers. This job requires knowledge of insurance billing procedures as well as strong attention to detail.
7. Pharmacy Technician: A pharmacy technician assists pharmacists in filling prescriptions and providing customer service to patients in a retail or hospital setting. Pharmacy technicians must have completed an accredited training program and be certified by the National Healthcare Association (NHA).
Medical assistants are vital members of any healthcare team. They perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to keep the office running smoothly, and they play a key role in patient care and satisfaction. If you’re thinking about a career in medical assisting, you’ll want to know what the job is like before you make the leap. Here’s a closer look at the top 10 medical assistant jobs in Morristown, NJ, according to Indeed.com.
1. Clinical medical assistant: Clinical medical assistants work in doctors’ offices and clinics, performing a variety of tasks such as taking patient histories, scheduling appointments, and assisting with exams and procedures.
2. Administrative medical assistant: Administrative medical assistants handle the day-to-day business of running a healthcare office, from answering phones and scheduling appointments to billing patients and coding insurance forms.
3. Certified medical assistant: A certified medical assistant (CMA) is a medical assistant who has been certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). CMAs must complete an accredited training program and pass a national exam administered by the AAMA.
4. Registered medical assistant: A registered medical assistant (RMA) is a medical assistant who has been registered with the American Medical Technologists (AMT). RMAs must complete an accredited training program and pass a national exam administered by the AMT.
5. Medical office manager: Medical office managers are responsible for the overall operation of a healthcare office, from providing leadership and direction to staff members to handling finances and patient records.
6. Insurance billing specialist: Insurance billing specialists are responsible for submitting insurance claims on behalf of patients and ensuring that claims are processed correctly.
7 . Patient account representative: Patient account representatives work in healthcare offices and hospitals, handling patient accounts and billing matters.
8 . Collections specialist: Collections specialists work in healthcare offices and hospitals, managing unpaid bills and working with patients to set up payment plans .
9 . Scheduling coordinator: Scheduling coordinators work in healthcare offices, coordinating appointments and schedule between patients, doctors, and other staff members .
Medical assistants are in high demand in Morristown, NJ and the surrounding areas. To become a medical assistant, you will need to complete an accredited medical assistant program and pass a certified medical assistant exam. Once you have these qualifications, you will be able to apply for medical assistant jobs in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, physician’s offices, and more.
To learn more about the qualifications necessary to become a medical assistant, check out this list of top 10 medical assistant jobs in Morristown, NJ.
Salary is an important factor to consider when searching for medical assistant jobs. In Morristown, NJ, the average salary for a medical assistant is $37,460 per year. Here are the top 10 highest-paying medical assistant jobs in Morristown, NJ, with salaries ranging from $37,460 to $48,610 per year.
1. Internal Medicine Physician Assistant – $48,610
2. Family Practice Physician Assistant – $48,010
3. Nephrology Physician Assistant – $47,510
4. Cardiology Physician Assistant – $47,210
5. Dermatology Physician Assistant – $46,810
6. Gastroenterology Physician Assistant – $46,710
7. General Surgery Physician Assistant – $45,810
8. Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician Assistant – $44,910
9. Pediatrics Physician Assistant – $44,410
10. Psychiatry Physician Assistant – $43,510
The work schedule for a medical assistant can vary depending on the employer. MA’s may work in a clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital. The hours can be full time or part time, and some positions may require weekend or evening hours. Many medical assistants work Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Medical assistants are in high demand in the healthcare industry. They are responsible for performing administrative and clinical tasks in order to keep medical offices running smoothly. If you are considering a career in medical assisting, you will need to complete a accredited training program.
There are many different medical assistant jobs available, but not all of them require the same level of training or experience. Here is a list of the top 10 medical assistant jobs in Morristown, NJ:
1. Office Manager: Office managers are responsible for the overall management of a medical office, including scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records and billing and coding insurance claims. They usually have at least an associate’s degree in business administration or a related field.
2. Clinical Manager: Clinical managers oversee the clinical staff in a medical office and ensure that all patients receive quality care. They usually have at least an associate’s degree in nursing or a related field.
3. Medical Biller: Medical billers prepare and submit insurance claims for reimbursement of medical services rendered. They must have knowledge of insurance coding systems and procedures. Most medical billers have at least an associate’s degree in business administration or a related field.
4. medical coder Medical coders assign codes to diagnoses and procedures performed by physicians and other healthcare providers. They must be familiar with coding systems such as ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS. Most medical coders have at least an associate’s degree in business administration or a related field.
5. Insurance Verification Specialist: Insurance verification specialists contact insurance companies to verify coverage for patients’ proposed treatments. They must be familiar with different types of health insurance plans and coverage levels. Most insurance verification specialists have at least an associate’s degree in business administration or a related field.
6. Front Office Coordinator: Front office coordinators are responsible for greeting patients, scheduling appointments, and answering phones in a busy medical office setting. They must be able to multitask and stay organized under pressure. Most front office coordinators have at least an associate’s degree in business administration or a related field..
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced medical assistant, you will find many opportunities for employment in Morristown, NJ. The following are 10 of the best jobs for medical assistants in this city, based on job satisfaction, salary and job growth potential.
1. Clinical Medical Assistant
2. Administrative Medical Assistant
3. Registered Medical Assistant
4. Certified Medical Assistant
5. Office Manager
6. Billing and Coding Specialist
7. Insurance Specialist
8. Clinical Coordinator
9. Practice Manager
10. Director of Nursing
Pros and Cons
There are many different medical assistant jobs available in Morristown, NJ. Some of these positions may be better suited for your skills and interests than others. It is important to research each position thoroughly before making a decision. Below is a list of the top 10 medical assistant jobs in Morristown, NJ, along with a brief description of the pros and cons of each position.
1. Clinical Medical Assistant: Clinical medical assistants work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, or other healthcare settings. They typically perform administrative and clinical tasks, such as taking patient histories and scheduling appointments. Pros: Clinical medical assistants can learn a lot about the inner workings of the healthcare system. They also have the opportunity to directly help patients on a daily basis. Cons: Clinical medical assistants may have to deal with stressful situations, such as working with critically ill patients.
2. Administrative Medical Assistant: Administrative medical assistants work in office settings, performing tasks such as scheduling appointments and handling patient records. Pros: Administrativemedical assistants typically have less contact with patients than clinical medical assistants, which can be less stressful. They also usually have regular office hours. Cons: Administrative medical assistants may find their work boring or repetitive at times.
3. Billing and Coding Specialist: Billing and coding specialists work in office settings, performing tasks such as coding medical diagnoses and procedures for insurance reimbursement purposes. Pros: Billing and coding specialists generally have regular office hours and can learn a lot about the inner workings of the healthcare system. Cons: Billing and coding specialists may find their work tedious or repetitive at times.
4. Pharmacy Technician: Pharmacy technicians work in pharmacies, dispensing medications prescribed by doctors and pharmacists. Pros: Pharmacy technicians generally have regular office hours and can learn a lot about medications used to treat various illnesses and conditions. Cons: Pharmacy technicians may find their work stressful at times, especially when dispensing medications that are critical to a patient’s health.
5. Laboratory Technician: Laboratory technicians work in laboratory settings, performing tasks such as running tests on blood samples or tissue cultures. Pros: Laboratory technicians generally have regular office hours and can learn a lot about various laboratory procedures used to diagnose illnesses or assess patients’ health states Cons; Laboratory technicians may find their work stressful at times, especially when working with dangerous chemicals or infectious diseases samples
How to Become a Medical Assistant
If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, becoming a medical assistant is a great place to start. Medical assistants are in high demand, and the job prospects are excellent. The median salary for medical assistants was $33,610 in May 2017, and employment is projected to grow 29 percent from 2017 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Becoming a medical assistant is a relatively straightforward process. Although you don’t need a degree, completing an accredited program will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in the role.
There are many different paths you can take to become a medical assistant. You can complete a certificate program, which typically takes about one year to finish, or an associates degree program, which takes about two years to complete.
You can also choose to complete on-the-job training, although this is not as common. If you decide to go this route, it’s important that you find a position with a employer who is willing to provide comprehensive training.
Once you have completed your training, you will need to take and pass the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Once you have passed the exam and become certified, you will be well on your way to a successful career as a medical assistant!
Medical Assistant Jobs in Morristown, NJ
1. Clinical Medical Assistant-Atlantic Health System-Morristown, NJ
2. Medical Assistant 1-Valley Hospital-Ridgewood, NJ
3. Certified Medical Assistant-Saint Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ
4. Certified Medical Assistant-Physicians Practice Enhanced Care (PPEC)-Cedar Knolls, NJ
5. Clinical Coordinator (Medical Assistants)-Physicians Practice Group of New Jersey (PPGNJ)-Florham Park, NJ
6. EXPERIENCED MEDICAL ASSISTANT FOR BUSY INTERNAL MEDICINE OFFICE-INTERNAL MEDICINE ASSOCIATES OF MORRISTOWN-MORRISTOWN, NJ
7. Medical Assistant – Montclair Gastroenterology – Full Time Days-Hackensack University Medical Center-Montclair, NJ
8. Administrative/Medical Assistant Job in Livingston, New Jersey (NJ)-Ajilon Professional Staffing-Livingston, NJ
9. FT/PT Experienced Podiatry Medical Assistant for Busy Office!Job in Fair Lawn – New Jersey (NJ)-Dr Alan Weinberg and Associates PLLC-Fair Lawn, NJ
10. EXPERIENCED OB/GYN MEDICAL ASSISTANT FOR VERY BUSY PRACTICE IN MORRIS COUNTY!Job in Morristown – New Jersey (NJ)-Advanced Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates LLP