If you’re looking for a career in medical assisting, Arkansas is a great place to start your search. Here are the top 5 medical assistant jobs in the state, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Checkout this video:
A medical assistant is a multi-skilled professional who supports the work of physicians and other health care providers. Medical assistants perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. The duties of medical assistants vary from office to office, but usually include such things as scheduling appointments, taking and recording patients’ vital signs, updating and filing patients’ medical records, handling correspondence, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Many medical assistants also perform basic laboratory tests, dispose of contaminated supplies, sterilize equipment, instruct patients about medication and special diets, prepare patients for examination, authorize prescription refills as directed by a physician, draw blood, take electrocardiograms (EKGs), remove sutures (stitches), change dressings on wounds or burns, and give injections.
Medical assistants perform a variety of important duties in healthcare facilities, including doctor’s offices, hospitals and clinics. They might work with patients to take vitals or collect lab specimens. They also might work with insurance companies to process paperwork or file claims. In some cases, medical assistants might even be responsible for scheduling appointments or managing the front office.
No matter what their specific duties are, medical assistants play a vital role in keeping healthcare facilities running smoothly. If you’re thinking about entering the medical assisting field, check out our list of the top five medical assistant jobs in Arkansas.
1. Baptist Health Medical Center-North Little Rock
2. CHI St. Vincent Infirmary
3. Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas
4. Saline Memorial Hospital
5. Washington Regional Medical Center
There are many skills that medical assistants need to know in order to be successful in the field. Here are five of the most important skills that Arkansas medical assistants need to have:
1. excellent communication skills
2. strong organizational skills
3. great people skills
4. leadership qualities
5. detail-oriented nature
Education and Training
Medical Assistants in Arkansas are highly trained and experienced professionals who play a vital role in the state’s healthcare system. They work alongside physicians and other medical staff to provide quality patient care.
Arkansas is home to many renowned healthcare facilities, including the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) and Arkansas Children’s Hospital. These and other institutions offer medical assistants a variety of opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge.
The following are five of the top medical assistant jobs in Arkansas:
1. Clinical Medical Assistant at UAMS
2. Administrative Medical Assistant at Arkansas Children’s Hospital
3. Certified Medical Assistant at Mercy Hospital
4. Registered Medical Assistant at Baptist Health System
5. Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant Hybrid at St. Bernards Healthcare
Salary and Outlook
Medical assistants in Arkansas earn an average salary of $29,610 per year, with a range of $21,230 to $39,290. The top five percent of earners make more than $36,550 per year, while the lowest five percent earn less than $24,470. Salaries vary by employer and location.
The outlook for medical assistants in Arkansas is good. The state is projected to add 1,170 new medical assistant jobs between 2016 and 2026, for a growth rate of 27.4 percent. This is faster than the average growth rate for all occupations statewide, which is projected at 21.8 percent during the same period.
Arkansas is seeing an increase in job growth for medical assistants.
As the healthcare industry continues to grow, so does the demand for medical assistants. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth for medical assistants is projected to be 29% from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.1
There are many reasons for this projected job growth. The aging baby boomer population is part of it. As people live longer, they will need more medical care. Additionally, there is an increased emphasis on preventative care, which means that people are visiting their healthcare providers more often for check-ups and screenings.1
All of this results in a greater need for medical assistants. If you’re thinking about a career in healthcare, now is a great time to become a medical assistant. Here are the top 5 medical assistant jobs in Arkansas:
1. Clinic Medical Assistant
2. Family Practice Medical Assistant
3. Internal Medicine Medical Assistant
4. Pediatrics Medical Assistant
5. OB/GYN Medical Assistant
Medical assistants in Arkansas have many options when it comes to finding employment. There are several large hospitals and clinics in the state that offer a variety of medical assistant positions. The following is a list of the top five employers of medical assistants in Arkansas:
1. Baptist Health: This large healthcare system has locations throughout Arkansas and offers a variety of medical assistant positions, including those in administrative roles, clinical roles, and a combination of both.
2. Mercy: Mercy is another large healthcare system with locations across Arkansas. Medical assistants employed by Mercy can expect to find positions in both clinical and administrative roles.
3. CHI St. Vincent: CHI St. Vincent is a smaller healthcare system with locations in Little Rock and Hot Springs. Medical assistants working for CHI St. Vincent will find both clinical and administrative positions available.
4. VA Medical Center: The VA Medical Center is a hospital affiliated with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and is located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Clinical medical assistant positions are available at the VA Medical Center.
5. Shriners Hospitals for Children: Shriners Hospitals for Children is a healthcare system that specializes in treating children with orthopedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate. There are two locations in Arkansas, one in Springfield and one in Texarkana, where medical assistants can find employment opportunities..
Medical Assistant Jobs in Arkansas
1. Little Rock, AR
2. Fayetteville, AR
3. Springdale, AR
4. Jonesboro, AR
5. Fort Smith, AR
If you’re thinking about a career in medical assisting, congratulations! You’ve chosen a profession that is both challenging and rewarding. A career in medical assisting can be both personally and financially satisfying, with the potential for job satisfaction and upward mobility.
There are many different ways to get started in medical assisting. Some people choose to attend a traditional brick-and-mortar school, while others opt for an online program. No matter which path you choose, it’s important to make sure that your program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Once you’ve completed your accredited medical assistant program, you’ll be eligible to take the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Passing this exam will give you a valuable credential that will show potential employers that you have the knowledge and skills to be a successful medical assistant.
Once you have your CMA credential, you’ll be ready to start applying for jobs. If you’re not sure where to start your search, here are five of the best medical assistant jobs in Arkansas:
1. Clinic Medical Assistant – Mayo Clinic – Rogers, AR
2. Medical Assistant – Arkadelphia Pediatrics – Arkadelphia, AR
3. Medical Assistant – The Gynecology Group – Little Rock, AR
4. Certified Medical Assistant – Same Day Surgery Center of Northwest Arkansas – Fayetteville, AR
5. Clinical Medical Assistant/Specialty Clinic – UAMS Physician Staffing – Little Rock, AR
Medical Assistants are in high demand and there are many opportunities for advancement. Here are the top 5 medical assistant jobs in Arkansas:
1. Clinic Manager: Clinic managers are responsible for the overall operation of the clinic. They make sure that the clinic runs smoothly and efficiently and that patients are seen in a timely manner.
2. Office Manager: Office managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the medical office. They make sure that patients are scheduled properly, that billing and insurance claims are processed correctly, and that the office runs smoothly.
3. Lead Medical Assistant: Lead medical assistants provide guidance and leadership to other medical assistants in the office. They may also be responsible for training new medical assistants.
4. Clinical Coordinator: Clinical coordinators coordinate patient care between different clinics or health care facilities. They make sure that patients receive the care they need in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Medical Assistant Instructor: Medical assistant instructors teach courses to future medical assistants. They prepare lesson plans, create exams, and provide guidance to students throughout their program