- What is a medical assistant?
- The duties of a medical assistant
- The benefits of working as a medical assistant
- The Hudson Valley region
- The medical assistant job market in the Hudson Valley
- The best places to look for medical assistant jobs in the Hudson Valley
- Tips for landing a medical assistant job in the Hudson Valley
- The future of the medical assistant profession
Looking for a medical assistant job in the Hudson Valley? Check out our job board for the latest openings in the area.
Checkout this video:
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in the medical field, consider becoming a medical assistant. Medical assistants are vital members of the healthcare team, providing support to doctors and nurses and performing a variety of administrative and clinical tasks.
There is projected to be strong demand for medical assistants in the Hudson Valley region of New York State. According to the New York State Department of Labor, employment of medical assistants in the Hudson Valley is expected to grow 14 percent from 2016 to 2026, which is faster than the average for all occupations.1
If you’re interested in becoming a medical assistant, this guide will provide you with information on:
-The duties of a medical assistant
-The education and training requirements for medical assistants in the Hudson Valley
-The job outlook for medical assistants in the region
-Medical assistant salaries in the Hudson Valley
What is a medical assistant?
A medical assistant is an allied health professional that supports the work of physicians and other health professionals, usually in outpatient clinics, by performing a variety of administrative and clinical tasks. Medical assistants are a vital part of the healthcare team, and their duties can vary depending on the size and type of facility they work in. In larger facilities, medical assistants may be responsible for scheduling appointments, taking medical histories and performing basic laboratory tests. In smaller facilities, they may be responsible for all of these tasks, as well as providing direct patient care.
Medical assistants must be detail-oriented and able to multitask, as they often have to juggle multiple tasks at once. They must also have good people skills, as they will be interacting with patients on a daily basis. If you are interested in a career as a medical assistant, there are many medical assistant jobs available in the Hudson Valley area.
The duties of a medical assistant
The duties of a medical assistant can vary depending on the size and type of healthcare facility where they work. However, there are some common tasks that are typically part of the job. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
– greeting patients and collecting patient information (including medical histories and insurance information)
– updating and filing patient medical records
– scheduling appointments
– preparing patients for examination
– taking and recording vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, etc.)
– assisting the physician during exams
– administering basic treatments and injections (under the supervision of a physician)
– phlebotomy (drawing blood)
– collecting and processing lab specimens
– providing patient education on topics such as healthy lifestyle choices and disease prevention
The benefits of working as a medical assistant
While the job market has been tight in recent years, medical assistants have been in high demand. Here are some of the reasons why:
* Medical assistants are a vital part of the healthcare team. They perform many essential tasks, from taking medical histories and measuring Vital Signs to preparing patients for examinations and assisting with procedures.
* Medical assistants typically receive on-the-job training, which can be completed in as little as a few months. No formal education beyond a high school diploma is required.
* Medical assistants can work in a variety of settings, including doctors’ offices, hospitals, clinics and other healthcare facilities.
* The median salary for medical assistants was $28,860 in 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS projects that employment of medical assistants will grow by 29% from 2012 to 2022 – much faster than the average for all occupations.
The Hudson Valley region
The Hudson Valley region of New York State is a great place to work as a medical assistant. The area offers a variety of hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities, as well as a number of opportunity for medical assistants.
There are many medical assistant jobs in the Hudson Valley region. To find the best job for you, search the job listings on Indeed.com or contact a local staffing agency that specializes in healthcare staffing.
The medical assistant job market in the Hudson Valley
The medical assistant job market in the Hudson Valley is expected to grow by 37.5 percent from 2016 to 2026, according to the State of New York Department of Labor. This is much faster than the average growth rate for all occupations in the state, which is projected at 4.4 percent over the same period.
There are several reasons for this expected growth. The first is an aging population. As people live longer, they will need more medical care. The second reason is an increase in the number of people with health insurance According to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, New York has one of the lowest rates of uninsured residents in the country. In 2016, only 5 percent of New Yorkers lacked health insurance down from 10 percent in 2013.
With more people insured, there will be more demand for medical care, and therefore more need for medical assistants. If you’re thinking of enter this field, now is a great time to do it.
The best places to look for medical assistant jobs in the Hudson Valley
There are many hospitals and medical centers in the Hudson Valley that are always in need of qualified medical assistants. If you are looking for a job in this field, here are some of the best places to look:
-Hudson Valley Hospital: This hospital is located in Peekskill, NY and offers a wide variety of medical assistant job opportunities.
-Bellevue Hospital Center: Bellevue is located in New York City and is one of the largest hospital complexes in the world. They regularly have medical assistant job openings.
-Westchester Medical Center This Medical Center is located in Valhalla, NY and offers a variety of job opportunities for medical assistants.
– Montefiore Medical Center: Montefiore is located in Yonkers, NY and is a leading healthcare provider in the region. They offer various medical assistant job opportunities.
Tips for landing a medical assistant job in the Hudson Valley
Medical assistants are in high demand in the Hudson Valley, and there are many ways to land a job in this field. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Get training from an accredited program. There are many medical assistant programs available, but not all of them are accredited. That means that they may not meet the standards set by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Be sure to check with your chosen program to make sure it is accredited.
2. Get certified by the National Healthcare Association (NHA). Although it is not required, employers often prefer to hire medical assistants who are certified by the NHA. To become certified, you must pass an exam administered by the NHA.
3. Join the Hudson Valley Chapter of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). This professional organization offers networking opportunities, continuing education courses, and job resources for medical assistants in the Hudson Valley.
4. Start your job search with AMCM and AMTJOBS. These websites offer listings of open medical assistant positions in the Hudson Valley region.
The future of the medical assistant profession
The medical assistant profession is one that is growing rapidly in the United States This is due to the increasing demand for healthcare services and the aging population. The Hudson Valley is no exception to this trend.
Medical assistants are vital members of the healthcare team. They provide support to doctors and nurses by performing a variety of duties, such as taking medical histories, measuring vital signs, and assisting with examinations and procedures. In addition, medical assistants are often responsible for scheduling appointments, handling billing and insurance paperwork, and maintaining patient medical records
Medical assistant jobs in the Hudson Valley offer a competitive salary and benefits package. In addition, many employers offer tuition reimbursement for those who wish to further their education in the medical field. For those interested in a career as a medical assistant, the Hudson Valley is an excellent place to start your search.
There are many opportunities for medical assistants in the Hudson Valley. The area is home to several hospitals and medical centers, as well as many private practices. With a little effort, you should be able to find a position that suits your skills and interests.